Location: Sevenoaks, Kent TN13
Hours: Three to four days a week c 25-30 hours based in the office
An exciting position has become available for a part-time position as a Finance Assistant to join our friendly team based at our Sevenoaks branch. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to build on their experience, learning new skills whilst becoming part of a company owned by an Employee Ownership Trust.
- Recording & processing all financial transactions to include sales and purchase invoices, bank entries and inter-branch accounts, monthly journals, prepayments and accruals and the transfer of rental income and expenditure detail from our specialist software
- Payment of suppliers
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns and other statutory reporting requirements
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts with commentary
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts
- Office management - company contracts/renewal agreements etc
- Working with the Client Accountant on rental contractual payments, landlord and tenant queries as required
- Support with other administrative tasks as and when required
The ideal candidate will need to be bright, confident, and well-presented and have the drive to improve processes and efficiency.
- Three plus years’ experience in finance
- Strong knowledge of using different software packages to include Sage & Microsoft
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimum supervision on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Highly numerate with attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A confident, proactive and a positive can-do attitude
Kings are a leading independent estate agent, established in 1985, owned by an Employee Ownership Trust, with offices in Borough Green, Meopham and Sevenoaks. Kings have a passion for property and providing an unrivalled service to our clients, specialising in sales, and lettings.